Job Security VS Job Satisfaction
Even if you have a job you like, nobody can be satisfied if they believe they’re going to be laid off or if they can’t make money to make ends meet.
We’re responsible for our ability to bounce back in the event of job loss and we’re most certainly responsible for the satisfaction we get by producing good results, building good relationships, and being a part of something bigger we can enjoy.
What is more important, job security, or job satisfaction?
Having a satisfying job is considered more significant than its security.
While some claim that securing a permanent profession and life long financial status is of utmost importance. Job contentment and a sense of satisfaction play a key role in a healthy and productive life.
On the one hand, it is undeniable that having a job which assures lifetime flow of money and a sense of security offers a peaceful and stress-free life. People with permanent jobs do not have to worry about financial issues as they can secure their present and future.
What profession has the highest job satisfaction?
- Recruiting Manager
- Dental Hygienist
- Sales Operations Manager
- Brand Manager
- Data Scientist
- HR Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Software Development Manager
- Financial Consultant
- Product Engineer
Why is job satisfaction important?
There is little doubt that great employees are an organization’s number one resource. Keeping workers happy helps strengthen a company in many ways, including:
- Lower Turnover – Turnover can be one of the highest costs attributed to the HR department. Retaining workers help create a better environment, and makes it easier to recruit quality talent and save money. The bottom line: satisfied employees are typically much less likely to leave.
- Higher Productivity – Irrespective of job title and pay grade, employees who report high job satisfaction tend to achieve higher productivity.
- Increased Profits – Keeping employees safe and satisfied can lead to higher sales, lower costs, and a stronger bottom line.
- Loyalty – When employees feel the company has their best interests at heart, they often support its mission and work hard to help achieve its objectives. And, they may be more likely to tell their friends, which helps spread goodwill.
How realistic is the expectation of job satisfaction?
Since the majority of adults spend a considerable amount of their time at work, job satisfaction has become instrumental in the well-being of an individual.
The two most important things that lead to someone being satisfied at work are being treated with respect by managers and being compensated fairly.
Some people are idealistic who are willing to work hard.
The idea that employees would be satisfied with their jobs if they are paid high is just not realistic.
It is true that adults are spending a lot of their time at work, therefore job satisfaction is an important thing. There are several factors that contribute to job satisfaction, but some are realistic while others are just not.
It’s not that hard to find a balance between job satisfaction and job security. If you are looking for a job that can provide both, contact SOAL Technologies today!