Complete Job Search Checklist | Job Seeking GuideComplete Job Search Checklist | Job Seeking Guide https://i0.wp.com/soaltech.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/handsome-businessman-eyeglasses-is-using-laptop_85574-7634.jpg?fit=626%2C417&ssl=1 626 417 soaltechadmin soaltechadmin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/6eec4427dd031e16c8da4c63019a7497?s=96&d=mm&r=g
- no comments
Searching for a job effectively requires some attentive measures and following a proper process with a focused mindset.
When you want to master job searching, you need to have a to-do-list at your disposal. This will help you in avoiding mistakes and unwanted sources.
Whether you’re a high school student, a college student, a learner or a parent, everyone needs the best job and they want it fast.
Before you start searching, ask yourself these questions-
- Your career goals (Short Term & Long Term).
- The skills you have, the skill you need & the skills the job requires. Are you able to match them?
- Psychological & Physiological aspects of a job.
Pre-job search process-
- Make a list of your interests, strengths and skills along with your academic, volunteer and work experience.
- Update your resume and cover letter – Make sure your resume has the necessary keywords that hiring managers are looking for in your field.
- Know what kind of job you’re qualified for- entry-level, management, skilled work, etc.
- Update your LinkedIn profile – Have plenty of endorsements from colleagues, and review your online reputation and your social media accounts.
- Know your limits: salary requirements, geographic location, hours, etc.
- Decide an industry you’d like to work in.
- Make a List of Desired Companies you want to work for.
- Find out new & popular companies that you may want to work in.
- Find three references.
- Plan answers to common interview questions.
- Have at least one very nice, professional-looking “interview” outfit.
Your Job Search Checklist:
- Make specific searches for work online.
- Get in touch with recruiters & a staffing agency. They are a great go-to source for employment opportunities.
- Go to local places of employment and drop off a resume and cover letter.
- Seek out career fairs and company recruiters.
- Use your friends or network of contacts to search for employment.
- Follow-up on every job you find as soon as possible.
- Posted In: